Monday, February 24, 2014

People these days!

People these days! I can't stand it. They have such short attention spans. Why? I will tell you why. They are used to being constantly entertained. Wherever and whenever they are the slightest bit bored, they can just pull out their phones and play Flappy Bird, until they are sick of that and they go on Pinterest. And then they check their Twitter, and then they... You get my point. They always have something to do.
You know how I know this? Because I grew up with just an hours worth of screen time a day, and so often times I just sat around doing absolutely nothing, bored out of my ears. So I am used to being bored once in a while. And so I have a fairly long attention span. Not as long as I might wish, but a lot longer than a lot of people I know. At least if my sister is telling me a story for the millionth time, I wait till the middle to tell her that she has short term memory loss.
Anyways, my point is this. Take a chill pill. When you're bored, don't take out your phone immediately. Maybe read a book, or imagine that you are someone famous. Or you could just eat. That is always an option.
Computers were made for instant entertainment, but instant entertainment is not always, actually, never, the best entertainment.
And if you are going to play Flappy Bird... Don't. Play Buffalo Wings instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment